Hasselback Caprese Tomatoes
Write a review
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1small log, fresh mozzarella cheese
- 10 basil leaves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Thinly slice each tomato (1/2 inch), careful not to cut through the bottom.
- Cut the mozzarella into 1/2 inch slices. Cut each slice in half.
- Layer a basil leaf on top of each mozzarella slice and wedge in between each tomato slice.
- In a small pot, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil and reduce to simmer until thick, 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the vinegar and olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
SALT & PREPPY http://www.saltandpreppy.com/